Golazo: Dayro Moreno, Once Caldas vs São Paulo, Copa Libertadores 2010



25 February 2010. Colombian side Once Caldas faced São Paulo of Brazil in the group stage of the 2010 Copa Libertadores. The game was a repeat of the 2004 semi-final which the Colombian minnows had won against all the odds with a 2-1 home win in the 2nd leg, to set up a final with Boca Juniors which they won after two draws and an incredible penalty shoot out in which Boca had missed all of their penalties.

In the 2010 rematch the Brazilian side took the lead with a free kick from their goalkeeper Rogerio Ceni, before Once Caldas recovered to repeat the 2-1 scoreline of 6 years before, with this stunning goal from Dayro Moreno.

Both sides qualified for the 2nd round, Once Caldas could not repeat the dream of 2004 losing in the 2nd round to Libertad of Paraguay. São Paulo made it to the semi-final which they lost to fellow Brazilians and eventual champions Internacional.

See Also


Part of the Golazo series.

1 comment:

  1. Good Post! Very useful article... Given that there are so many posts available
    online, I searched for that for a very long time. I have been looking at many Manali Tour Packages
    on various travel
    websites, therefore I am eager to visit Manali. I received other posts about
    Manali that were essentially identical, but this one stands out from the rest.
    I am hoping it will be very useful to me as I organise my family's trip to
    Manali. Wish me luck on my Manali trip!

    ReplyDelete